Enhancing life for global consumers with the world's most innovative fabric-based, market-driven solutions.
Engaged Associates - Creating fulfilling professional experiences through enthusiasm, focus, teamwork, diversity, creativity, innovation and a shared vision.
• Embracing Change - Reveling in the evolving technological, social and market forces shaping our world, and pursuing the opportunities they produce.
• Profitable Growth - Building a premium portfolio of businesses that return better than cost of capital, offer substantial opportunities for expansion and in which we have a competitive advantage.
• Delighted Customers - Delivering products and services marked by excellence in quality, design and performance that deliver value and satisfaction at a level that instills preference and insistence in our customers.
• Honorable Stewardship - Conducting without compromise to the highest standards of ethics, safety, environmental protection, lawfulness and respect for our fellow man.
• Confident Shareholders - Managing the company's resources in a manner that capitalizes on opportunity, safeguards against adverse conditions, delivers long- term value, and instills satisfaction of ownership.
Headquartered in Glen Raven, North Carolina, our company has grown from a small cotton mill into a global leader in performance fabrics. Founded in 1880 by John Q. Gant, Glen Raven is still owned and managed by his descendants.
Glen Raven's ability to identify and lead niche market segments throughout history has contributed greatly to our success. Within the first few years of operation, we became one of the first mills in the South to dye fabrics. After being one of the first companies to adopt synthetic fibers and build knitting operations, the growth in women's hosiery led to the invention of panty hose in 1959.
Having an expertise in rayon provided Glen Raven with an opportunity to manufacture parachute fabrics throughout World War II, specializing in parachute fabrics for air drops of heavy military equipment, which is a product focus that continues today. Following the war years, a weaving operation was opened in Burnsville, N.C. in 1948 focusing on nylon and polyester used in a wide array of products, from luggage to sail cloth, another operation that is still used today.
Continuing to build on this knowledge of technical fabrics, Glen Raven introduced its Sunbrella brand of performance fabrics in the 1960s, which essentially made its own awning product at the time- cotton duck- obsolete. Today, Sunbrella is the premier performance fabric for awnings, furniture, marine applications, and convertible tops.
To expand Glen Raven's global presence, Dickson, SA of France was added in 1998, and by 2000 had implemented a global performance fabrics strategy. To support its activities throughout Asia and the Pacific Rim, the company completed a 190,000-square-foot business center in China in 2006.
With the acquisition of long-standing business partners The Astrup Company and John Boyle & Company in May 2007, we have joined forces with two of the nation's largest distributors of fabrics, hardware and finishing supplies for the awning, marine and casual furniture industries. The new company, Tri Vantage, merges Glen Raven's resources with those of Astrup and Boyle to position us to serve our global markets with greater supply chain efficiency and the highest level of customer service.
For more than a century, we have created a culture of innovation and integrity. As a result, our company has continuously found new possibilities for the utility of fabric. Today, with our long history of invention and expertise, we remain committed to developing state of-the-art fabric solutions.