Dimensions Healthcare System was formed in 1982 as an integrated, not-for-profit healthcare system
serving the citizens of Prince George's County and the surrounding area. Dimensions' mission is to provide high quality, accessible health care services in partnership with our community.
Today, Dimensions is the largest provider of health care services in Prince George's County, Maryland, caring for about 180,000 patients every year. With 24-hour emergency care at Bowie Health Center, Laurel Regional Hospital and Prince George's Hospital Center, Dimensions is also the largest provider of emergency and trauma services in the area. In 2010, consumer rating service, HealthGrades, recognized Prince George's Hospital Center as being among the top 5% of hospitals across the nation for successful outcomes. Prince George's Hospital Center was among the first in Maryland to be designated a Cardiac Intervention Center for heart attack victims. Laurel Regional Hospital is home to a growing newborn service, new vascular catheterization laboratory, technologically-advanced wound care & hyperbaric medicine center, a new and improved sleep wellness center and a new specialty care unit. In 2011, both Prince George's Hospital Center and Laurel Regional Hospital were ranked among U.S. News & World Report's Best Hospitals in the Washington DC Metropolitan area.
- Not-for-profit integrated health system
- Three member institutions leased from Prince George's County, plus several affiliates
- Composed of six affiliate facilities
- Largest provider of healthcare services in Prince George's County serving
approximately 80,000 patients annually
- Chairman, Board of Directors – Judge C. Philip Nichols, Jr.
- President and Chief Executive Officer – Neil J. Moore
- 2,400 Full Time Equivalent Employees
- Approximately 2/3 represented by SEIU
- One of the largest employers in Prince George's County